Take Your Show on the Road
Join The Touring Network
IndividualThe Touring Network Region*
- For individual or solo touring performers who are based in The Touring Network region*.
CompanyThe Touring Network Region*
- For touring companies, bands and ensembles based in The Touring Network region*.
- For individual or solo touring performers who are based elsewhere in the UK.
- For touring companies, bands and ensembles based elsewhere in the UK.
Advice & Support
What kinds of venues will I be touring to?
These are often venues which are at the heart of their communities and are used for activities ranging from a weekly library, yoga, over 60’s supper clubs, scout meetings as well as arts events – so there is rarely a dull moment.
Who will promote my event?
Venues are generally run by independent promoters, often volunteers, who work tirelessly to bring your shows to their communities. Promoters are responsible for promoting the event to their local audiences and work in partnership with the Touring Network, which provides additional support and capacity to make their job a little bit easier!
Will my show work in small spaces?
What kind of audiences can I expect?
On average, Touring Network venues can seat around 50 people, but this can vary significantly from place to place. Touring to rural and remote communities can mean intimate audiences but what they lack in numbers is made up for in hospitality, an honest and appreciative reception, and generally great banter. So if you want to talk about the show in the bar afterwards, get to know your audience and possibly return a year later to find that everyone has told their friends about your great company…then rural touring is for you.
What can I expect from membership?
By joining the network, we’ll help you to understand how rural touring, and in particular The Touring Network, works and hope that this will lead to you building lasting relationships with the promoters in our network. From past experience, we know that those performers who take the time to get to know the promoters go on to tour successfully.
So how will we help you to do this?
- We’ll let you know about our upcoming showcasing opportunities.
- There will be a limited number of bursaries available each year for performer members to access, in order to help you showcase your work to promoters and their audiences ahead of submitting a touring funding application.
- We’ll provide you with either a 50% (for regional performers) or 1/3 off (for national performers) discount code for an annual premium subscription to Tourbook so that you can upgrade your account and have up to 3 users and 3 tour pages.
- We’ll also add you to our members Collection in Tourbook, increasing your visibility amongst our promoter members.
- We’ll give you access to one of our rural touring experts for a 1/2 day, who will provide you with bespoke advice to help you navigate the network.
- All our members, whether promoters or performers, will receive priority booking and discounted tickets for our annual Gathering, where you’ll be able to meet our members face-to-face and make connections.
- We’ll feature you and your Tourbook page on our website, which will be shared on our social media channels and in our monthly promoters’ noticeboard.
- And once your tour is booked, we’ll include any Highland & Island tour dates on our website listings, which will also be featured on our social media channels, helping you to reach wider audiences!
How do I join?
To join The Touring Network as a performer member, go here and click on the link under the membership type that best suits you. The link will take you to an online form that asks for more detail about you as a performer and your reasons for joining. There are a couple of questions about how your practice relates to our vision, mission and objectives, so be sure to check these out, along with our code of conduct here: http://bit.ly/c0deofc0nduct
The full list of membership questions, so you are prepped can be found here
Once you submit your sign up form, you’ll be redirected to our online direct debit system, GoCardless, where you can opt to sign up to a recurring annual payment plan to pay for your membership fee. If you’d rather pay by invoice, please email us to let us know.
Once we’ve received your membership payment and sign up form, we’ll be in touch to welcome you officially to the network and provide you with your Tourbook discount code!
do I HAVE TO BE A MEMBER TO TOUR THE HIGHLAND & iSLANDS?
Not at all! You don’t need to join as a member of The Touring Network to tour to venues across the Highlands & Islands. If you’re ready to tour and want to start connecting with venues and promoters, register with our friends over at Tourbook and set up your free performer and tour page to get started.
If you’d like to be kept informed of news from The Touring Network, and opportunities for performers, sign up to our mailing list to receive quarterly updates: SIGN UP NOW
Not ready to join?
You don't need to join as a member of The Touring Network to tour to venues across the Highlands & Islands. If you're ready to tour and want to start connecting with venues and promoters, register with our friends over at Tourbook and set up your free performer and tour page to get started.
If you'd like to be kept informed of news from The Touring Network, and opportunities for performers, sign up to our mailing list to receive quarterly updates then sign up below.