The Touring Network supports, represents and connects a vibrant community of independent promoters and performers who present high-quality live performance across the Highlands and Islands of Scotland – transforming remote community spaces into cultural centres and performances venues.
We help our members by delivering a package of services including networking, resources, funding, and development opportunities. We are commited to connecting our members with one another, both online and face to face by hosting series of regular network meet-ups which take place across the region throughout the year.
Where The Gathering offers an annual opportunity for the whole network to connect, our Network Meet-ups are hosted every few months in in your communities. They are very informal and involve some light refreshments and The Touring Network Team on hand to answer any questions, give advice or just for a nice face to face chat.
On occasion, they may be a more focussed affair; a lab for upskilling our members or a workshop on a particular theme.
- 24th April – Isle of Skye, on our members day at The Gathering. REGISTER HERE (not below)
- 2nd June – Fort William – REGISTER HERE
- 13th August- Edinburgh – REGISTER HERE
- October – TBC
- Jan 2021 – Glasgow, during Celtic Connections
If you’d like to follow updates for these meet-ups over on facebook, you can do that here
- Thu 23rd Jan – Glasgow 4-30pm-5.30pm
- Wed 21st Jan – Glasgow in the evening
- Fri Feb 1st – Glasgow Celtic Connections
- Tue 12th Mar – Dunoon Burgh Hall, Argyll
- Wed 24th Apr – Boat of Garten Community Hall, Highland Region –
- Tue 21st May – Rockfield Centre, Oban
- June – no meetup
- July – no meetup
- Tue 20th August – Network Meet-up Edinburgh Festival Special! –
Tue 24th Sept – La Tortilla, Inverness
- TUESDAY 12TH NOVEMBER 11.30-12.30 – BIRNAM ARTS, PERTHSHIRE
Interested in co-hosting a meet-up? Let us know by emailing us here.