The Santander Foundation awards grants of up to £5,000 to help disadvantaged people make the most of their future. Discovery Grants are available to fund an activity which supports one or more of three priority themes:
Explorer – improving people’s knowledge
– Examples include Money Management workshops helping disadvantaged people learn how to budget.Transformer – improving skills and experience
– Examples include training to help socially isolated people develop skills to get back into work, orvolunteering opportunities for disadvantaged young people.
Changemaker – innovative solutions to social challenges
– Examples could include projects such as a new social networking programme for visually impaired young people to access the internet.
-Projects which are wholly charitable can be funded. They must specifically help disadvantaged people in the UK by improving knowledge, skills or providing innovative solutions. The Foundation aims to help as many organisations as possible, so it doesn’t offer grants for longer than one year.
Funding is available:
– for small local organisations and lasts for 12 months
– for complete projects, not contributions
– to cover part-time salaries, equipment or materials, but they must be specific to your project
Grants are for UK registered charities, Community Interest Companies and credit unions with at least one years accounts.
Applications may be submitted at any time
For more information and how to apply, click here