The Trust aims to advance education the arts, heritage, culture and community development by encouraging young people in Scotland to take up and play the chanter, pipes and drums; and by supporting the development of school pipe bands. The Trust is prepared to consider funding from £250 to £5,000. The following are eligible to apply:
- State schools.
- Local authorities.
- Pipe bands, voluntary or charitable organisations. Governing document and details of members of the governing body should be supplied.
- Independent schools. The Trust encourages collaboration between independent and state schools. The SSPDT grant must benefit state school pupils, for example, by creating additional places at a workshop, by providing tuition, or by sharing resources.
The Trust will fund:
- Tuition of pipes, drums and chanters for state school pupils from P5 and above.
- Tuition for a combination of schools.
- Instruments: bagpipes and drums up to a value of £5,000. Generally instruments are loaned by SSPDT for a period of two years, renewable by negotiation.
- Approved workshops promoting the objectives of the Trust.
- Contribution to travel costs in remote locations.
Applications may be submitted at any time
More info here