HOW IT WORKS
One of our most successful funding pots is Supported Programme, which is a bursary scheme for promoters who need financial assistance to
- take risks on certain shows
- programme different genres
- and encourage new and more diverse audiences to attend their events
The award of a bursary allows them to pay a fair and reasonable fee to performers, who otherwise may not be able to tour to some of the more remote and rural areas of Scotland.
Priority is currently given to shows that:
- tackle equalities, diversity and inclusion issues
- are new music, dance, physical theatre, or site-responsive works
- have audience engagement potential
Touring Network promoters can apply for a bursary to book performers that
- fit the above criteria
- and are included in our Supported Programme collection on tourbook.
Our Supported Programme collection is curated by a panel consisting of
- Promoter members from within the Network,
- Representatives from The Touring Network’s board of directors,
- and members of the staff team.
Those performers included in the collection will have applied, and been selected, to showcase at a The Gathering – the next one of which takes place in April 2020.
Total bursaries awarded
these figures are based on supported programme analysis between 2016-2019
PREVIOUSLY TOURING THROUGH SUPPORTED PROGRAMME…
Are you a recipient of The Touring Fund and looking to find out how we can help?
Looking to book a performer who isn’t in The Support Programme Collection? Read more about our Programme Transition Fund.