Originally posted in April 2019 – updated in July
Creative Scotland has recently launched its new Touring Fund in response to the results of The Touring Review which was delivered in 2017.
The new fund intends to enable artists and venues to create more ‘joined up’ tours of theatre and dance in Scotland. Work distributed through this fund aims to address change by ;
- Funding high quality work to tour in a way that could improve the relationships between venues and producers of touring work
- Funding work that will increase audiences across Scotland
- Funding work that increases the diversity of artists, producers and companies touring theatre and dance across Scotland
- Creating conditions where artists are recognised for their work and can retain a proportion of the income their work creates to sustain their ongoing practice
- Creating conditions to support venues to be more sustainable and give them the ability to invest more in developing audiences
- Supporting the programming of work in venues or locations that would not otherwise present it.
Artists and companies will be fully funded to offer a range of work to venues and promoters – this means that there will be NO FEE to promoters and the box office will be split 80/20 in favour of the promoter/venue. As well as applications form artists, the fund supports applications from consortia of venues.
New work will be distributed throughout the year and fully funded work can be found here: Touring Fund Collection .
As you would expect, there are several criteria which must be met in order for artists to fulfil their funding expectations which includes artists and promoters meeting face to face where possible, signing a ‘code of conduct’ document and working together to draw up marketing plans.
If you are keen to take any of the work on offer through the fund, contact the artist directly through Tourbook. If you need support with the process when you have secured a performance please get in touch.