Theatre in Schools Scotland (TiSS) has been developed by Imaginate and the National Theatre of Scotland, in partnership with leading performing arts companies for children and young people: Catherine Wheels Theatre Company, Visible Fictions and Starcatchers.
Their aims are to
- Reach every local authority in Scotland
- Raise the profile and make the case for the importance of children’s work in schools in Scotland
- Raise the value of quality children’s work in schools in Scotland
- Test and develop income models with local authorities, funders and schools
- Determine the infrastructure required to build capacity and continue Theatre in Schools Scotland following the end of the pilot
- Build support from regional theatres/venues and touring networks to ensure TiSS will build audience interest in theatre across Scotland
The Touring Network will be supporting TISS again with some of the dates taking place in our region. The first of which begins next week in Mull. Imaginate Theatre have said:
“We are delighted that every single school pupil from P4 to S1 on the Isle of Mull will be seeing Is this a Dagger? next week with Theatre in Schools Scotland, thanks to extra financial support from Comar and The Touring Network. The tour is also sponsored by Scottish Salmon.
This performance by award-winning storyteller Andy Cannon is touring all over Scotland as part of Imaginate and National Theatre of Scotland’s Theatre in Schools project, which aims to bring quality theatre to every pupil in Scotland.
The 2018/19 programme includes six productions suitable for children from nursery to early secondary school. Find out more about Theatre in Schools Scotland on the dedicated website.”