Through Young Start the lottery are offering funding from £10,000 to £100,000 to help children and young people across Scotland become more confident, so they can realise their own potential. They want to fund work that achieves at least one of the following three outcomes:
- children and young people have better physical, mental and emotional wellbeing
- children and young people have better connections with the wider community
- children and young people get access to new skills and training opportunities which will help them to get a new job or start a business.
They also believe that the following three approaches are vital in making sure that their funding makes the biggest difference possible. They want to fund work that is:
- people-led meaningfully involving the young people you’re working with in the development, design and delivery of your activity
- strengths-based – making the most of, and building on, the skills and experiences of young people and assets within communities
- connected – having a good understanding of what others are doing locally, developing good working relationships and complementing and adding value to other relevant activity in your area.
Applications may be submitted at any time
More info here